No Hype - No Ads
Just the Facts
Submit your press releases to Stockwatch by email for faster dissemination. Email your press releases as MS Word or Adobe PDF attachments to
Login to see your Portfolio Snapshot
Latest Sedar Filings
Stockwatch Street Wires
Subscribe to Street Wires by Email
- Shell Summary for Dec. 6, 2013
Josh Gerstein's Everfront Ventures plans to acquire Global Gardens Group as its last-minute QT. The target plans to sell vegan-certified drinks.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 6, 2013
Colossus Minerals drops on news Serra Pelada will cost $70-million more to reach production. Klondex Mines arranges $95-million in financings to help buy a mill from Newmont. Orvana Minerals receives a boost from record production.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 6, 2013
Gear Energy enjoys some insider buying. Kelt Exploration and Pine Cliff Energy woo investors in Montreal. TAG Oil rises on news of a share buyback, and Enbridge wins conditional approval from a Quebec National Assembly committee to reverse Line 9.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 6, 2013
Afri-Can Marine Minerals plans an 800-sample test of diamond concessions off the coast of Namibia. Shore Gold continues to seek cash for Star-Orion South. DNI Metals is now "optimizing" plans for its unlikely rare-earth and base metals mine in Northern Alberta.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 5, 2013
Brian Bayley and Murray Sinclair's Nebo Capital heads to Colombia for a coal QT. The Vancouver shell packagers have been successfully selling their shells for 20 years.
- Gold Summary for Dec. 5, 2013
Timberline Resources attracts interest from cash-rich Rockstar. One Canaco spinout lends $2-million to another. Colorado Resources has more unimpressive assays from North Rok, and Besra Gold plans to build a mine in Malaysia.
- Energy Summary for Dec. 5, 2013
Advantage Oil drills its best well yet at its Glacier Montney project. Canacol Energy and Equal Energy reach new highs as takeover rumours abound. The government's special envoy on energy projects informs us that trust is key to winning Indian support.
- Diamonds & Specialty Minerals Summary for Dec. 5, 2013
True North Gems is surveying and evaluating Beluga but can spare little cash for exploring. Latin American Minerals is finding diamonds at Itapoty, but needs targets to drill for kimberlites. Star Minerals Group is optioning Hoidas Lake from Great Western Minerals Group.
- Dolphin Digital ex Stockdale pleads guilty
Dolphin Digital Media Inc.'s former shareholder, Malcolm Stockdale, has pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit securities fraud. Prosecutors claimed that he and others ran a broker bribery scheme in 2010.
- Shell Summary for Dec. 4, 2013
Jeffrey Witherell's first capital pool shell, Plymouth Realty Capital, plans to acquire three Hampton Inn hotels as its qualifying transaction.
Click here for more Street Wires.
Click price for intraday chart
Dow Jones Industrial
Top 10 Lists
Login to see Top 10 Lists
Stockwatch US Headlines
- Fujitsu Develops SDN Technology to Accelerate Network Storage Access
- Ingles Markets, Incorporated Reports 49th Year of Record Sales, Plus Growth in Sales and Net Income for Fourth Quarter
- The WhiteWave Foods Company Announces Agreement to Acquire Premier Organic Produce Company Earthbound Farm
- Reaves Utility Income Fund
- Questcor and Child Neurology Foundation Support the 5th Annual Infantile Spasms Awareness Week
- NXT Energy Expands Scope of US Survey for Kerogen and Completes Data Acquisition Operations
- Republic of Guinea Will Start Implementation of Kallo MobileCare & RuralCare in Q1-2014
- E-Waste Systems Announces Closing of Transaction With 2TRG
- Churchill Downs Incorporated Announces Proposed Offering of $250 Million of Senior Notes Due 2021
- Equal Energy Enters Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Petroflow Energy
Click here for more US headlines.
Stockwatch Canadian Headlines
Display Canadian headlines first
- Serinus suspends Luba-1, leaving stuck BHA
Serinus Energy Inc. is suspending the Luba-1 exploration well in Brunei after not being able to find the bottom hole assembly. The company does not know why the drill string became stuck, which happened at 1,461 metres.
- TransGlobe expects 2014 production of up to 21,000 bopd
TransGlobe Energy Corp. expects to produce between 20,000 and 21,000 bopd in 2014. It plans to spend $100-million (U.S.) on capital developing, with 94 per cent in Egypt and 6 per cent in Yemen. It estimates 2014 funds flow will be $146-million (U.S.).
- First Sahara to spin out mineral lands in Q1 2014
First Sahara Energy Inc. plans to spin out its mineral properties to its shareholders and form another company in the first quarter of 2014. It will provide details in January, 2014.
- Troy Resources cancels Benson's performance rights
Troy Resources Ltd. and managing director Paul Benson have agreed to cancel his 300,000 performance rights issued in December, 2012. The company will avoid recording a charge on its income statement with the cancellation.
- Rambler Metals earns $3.7-million in fiscal Q1 2014
Rambler Metals and Mining PLC earned $3.7-million on revenue of $16.74-million in the first quarter ended Oct. 31, 2013. It lost $718,000 on no revenue in the first quarter ended Oct. 31, 2012. Rambler produced 6,591 tonnes of Cu concentrate in Q1 2014.
- Africa Oil spuds Amosing well, plans Ewoi well in Kenya
Africa Oil Corp. has spudded the Amosing well in the South Lokichar basin in Kenya, and expects to finish drilling by February. It also plans to spud a well at the Ewoi prospect by year-end. In Ethiopia the El Kuran-3 well has reached 1,978 metres.
- Serabi mines into Palito Main veins in development work
Serabi Gold PLC has mined into the Main zone veins at the Palito mine during development mining. The surface stockpile at the mine is now at 25,000 tonnes at 7.5 g/t gold. The company expects to start commissioning the plant by mid-December.
- Greenbriar starts building Blue Mountain wind project
Greenbriar Capital Corp. has started building its 80-megawatt wind power project at Blue Mountain, Utah. The project will be eligible for $42-million (U.S.) worth of federal investment tax credits.
- BNK Barnes 7-2H flows 520 bopd, 230 boe/d in four days
BNK Petroleum Inc.'s Barnes 7-2H well in Oklahoma has flowed 520 bopd and 230 boe/d over four days. The company has finished drilling the Wiggins 12-8H well into the same formation. BNK also plans to drill the Gapowo B-1 well in Poland in the new year.
- Toronto-Dominion opens Coal Harbour, Vancouver, branch
Toronto-Dominion Bank has opened a branch at 1177 West Hastings St. in Coal Harbour in Vancouver. The branch is open Monday to Wednesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday and Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Satruday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Click here for more Canadian headlines.